COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect the following information:
- Your name, date of birth and contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Details of any purchase or sale orders you place with us, even if not completed, as well as delivery details;
- Details you provide when contacting us with enquiries;
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website;
- ID verification details obtained as part of our order processing;
- Personal Information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
PURPOSE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal administrative and operational functions, internal record keeping;
- compliance with anti-money laundering and other applicable regulations;
- market research and market analysis;
- to improve our products and services;
- directly market our services to you via promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided (you have a right to opt-out from receiving direct marketing emails.); and
- On occasion, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related or ancillary secondary purpose.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express permission or are required by law to do so. We may disclose personal information, if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary, to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of The IPM Group, or of its website or visitors to our website.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you for which we hold under the Data Protection Act 1998. A minimal fee will be payable. To make a request to access your personal information, you will need to outline your request in writing, verify your identity and specify what personal information you require.
You may request that The IPM Group stops using your personal information and contacting you and we will comply with your request. If you would like to opt-out from receiving newsletters and updates from us, please use the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Please contact the Privacy Officer via the contact details listed below if you want to:
- access, or correct, your personal information held by IPM Group;
- request that your personal information is removed from IPM Group’s database; or
Address your inquiries and your request upon the correction, blocking or deletion of your personal data to:
IPM Group Pte Ltd.
23 Amoy Street,
E-mail: [email protected]l
CONCLUSION OF THE CONTRACT
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to respecting the confidentiality of our customers and ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and store. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We don’t store permanent browser cookies.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.